Sunday, March 1, 2015

Slice of Life

It's been a long time since I've written a blog.  My last attempt resulted in 2 posts and was then forgotten, abandoned really.  This time, my fearless colleague, has challenged several of her friends to write for 31 days, the WHOLE month of March.  I have pondered this challenge all day long, partly because I'm really competitive and mostly because I don't want to start it and fail.  It's easier to just stay in Neutral rather than force ourselves into Drive. Like her students, though, I feel Mrs. Shade dragging me up this mountain, and some days, I will not want to go.  After all, what will I say? Can I really sustain a habit for that long? My long standing habits are, unfortunately, all related to poor food choices.  So, I can already imagine a lot of my posts being about food or the weather, which I totally hate right now.  The bottom line is, I have to try.  What better way to stretch myself personally and professionally.  I don't have a way with words like so many others, and I appear to have some writing ADD, but I will try.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ami, your post is my favorite! We may need to drag each other up this mountain before the month ends. I feel so blessed to have you in my inner circle, and I do believe you have a way with words. You are a brilliant thinker with so much to offer, and I'll happily read about food or the weather anytime. Love that you jumped in the deep end with us!

Sincerely, Tara Reed said...

Ami- I love that you put it in Drive! I think we will have a fun and rewarding month. I, too, will enjoy reading about the weather.😜

M Nabors said...

Yay!!! I'm so excited you are joining us! We will all need pushes to make it up the incline, but I'm excited about the journey!!!

Ramona said...

Love your commitment to try and glad you have some colleagues along for your journey. I have to admit that my long standing habits are few, but one of them is to blog weekly at Two Writing Teachrs and the other one is to blog every day in March. Welcome to our community! My weather post last year was shared by Stacie, so don't discount weather as a source for writing.