Thursday, March 19, 2015

Casts and cavities and crowns, oh my!

I spent time on a beautiful, warm, white sandy beach today. I listened to the waves roll in and crash gently against the shore. I sat and listened as the peaceful sounds attempted to lull me to sleep. I'm glad I didn't doze, however, because that would've been a little embarrassing at the dentist office. I don't fear the dentist, but I admit that major dental work can induce an unusual amount of stress for me. So, as I tried to avoid the sounds of the drill and the fact that I couldn't feel half of my face, I raced to my place of comfort and relaxation. Oh, how I wish we were there this week. It definitely would have been a cheaper yet more exciting way to spend this not so relaxing week.

I am grateful that my husband took off of work today, and we were able to take care of "stuff." Hannah got her pretty purple long arm (over the elbow) cast, both kids had a cavity filled, and I started the process for my third crown. We put together new furniture, moved around old furniture, and bought more furniture. We are obviously trying to test the theory about how spending money causes martial stress and arguments.

For me, the biggest disappointment this week has not been overspending, but instead has been in not finding more reading time. I have so many good books calling me, and the unexpected has kept me from being able to carve out the time to read. So, while I'm not going to wish away the next 53 or so days of school, I am looking forward to attacking my summer reading with a vengeance. Time to look for some summer camps for the kiddos!

2 comments:

Ramona said...

Oh, I really hoped you were at the beach! And then you could have taken care of some of those books that have been neglected. However, it does sound like you're getting a lot accomplished. Hope you can squeeze in some time for reading soon!

Thinking Made Visible said...

A trip to the dentist, a broken arm, and marital bickering over budget decisions does not sound too restful. Of course it is nice to get things accomplished, and being a wife and mother are your #1 priority. I haven't done much reading at all this week. Been in a bit of a slump. It happens. Thanks for the countdown to summer. I can do anything for 57 days. :)