Wednesday, March 11, 2015

A Beautiful Day

What a beautiful day! When the clouds moved out of the sky, my energy levels skyrocketed.  I even left school today at a decent hour and went to the happiest place on earth within my current budget, Recycled Books.  My children even went along, without, complaining, and sat quietly reading book after book while I searched the shelves for some super cheap new treasures. Then, we spent the afternoon hanging out in the sun filled backyard.



Books might just be my favorite thing ever.  They are always patiently waiting for you to pick them up, and then, they will introduce you to new friends and take you to worlds you may have never even imagined.  Today I said aloud, for the third time, that I am going to get my Master's degree in Library Science, and I haven't been this excited about returning to school since I became a certified teacher. Unfortunately, I have to coordinate this goal with my husband who is also in the process of starting a degree program.  The hardest part for me will be waiting.  So, he had better not drag his feet, or I may cut in line, and we all know how that turns out!

TWU Master of Library Science

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ami, I am stoked for you! In retrospect, I wish I had pursued a masters degree in library science instead of curriculum and instruction. I totally support you cutting in line, and I can't wait to hear about the new books you purchased @ Recycled books. Sunshine is so good for our souls!

M Nabors said...

Yay!! So awesome!! I love books, too! I'm so glad you got out and enjoyed some sunshine! Did you find anything at recycled books??

Ramona said...

So much book love packed in this slice. Sunshine, a used bookstore & kids engaged in their books all on the same day - the stars were aligned for you. You go for the masters in library science!

jenb. said...

Isn't it so fun to recognize and be allowed to embrace our passions? Sounds like an exciting journey lies ahead for you!!