Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Goodbye?

What a day! Writing STAAR is over and now we can spend some time reading.  I love to hear my students asking, begging even, for reading time. I feel like I have accomplished something when my "non-readers" want quiet time in a book. I love to celebrate with those who finish a novel for the first time ever. I love finding more "books like that one." My biggest hope is that my students will leave my classroom loving to read and write as much as, or more than, I do.

That being said, when I started this challenge, I didn't know if I loved writing enough to sit and blog daily (well, almost). I can now say that I do. What a fun challenge this has been for me. I am so thankful that my teammate asked me to join in on Slice of Life. I managed to make it 20 out of 31 days which is a far greater number than what I thought I would write when I took on the challenge. So, is this goodbye? I don't think so. I may not write daily, but I think this is a habit that I should keep. And while I don't plan to go back to page one, maybe April 1 is a good place to start all over again.

3 comments:

Ramona said...

Glad you have students who want reading time. And as for starting all over again, I'll be on the lookout for you each Tuesday for Slice of Life. Congrats on your first March SOL!

Thinking Made Visible said...

Your Winnie the Pooh quote made me smile. I am so glad you joined the #SOL Challenge. I could not ask for a better teammate, and blogging with you has helped me appreciate you even more as a mom, a teacher, and a writer. Kuddos for sticking with it. I too am looking forward to a day full of reading adventures.

M Nabors said...

I am so thankful that this isn't goodbye! I have loved getting to know everyone better through their words!

I am with you, sister! I love seeing a love of reading bloom in front of my eyes!