Sunday, March 29, 2015

Busy Hands are Happy Hands

Procrastination and avoidance have been my friends this weekend. I have found ways to be busy, busy, busy, but there is no way to avoid it. It is here...the dreaded TEST! I guess I've held it together this year better than I have in the past. My husband didn't even realize that tomorrow was writing test Day 1. My daughter seemed to think she'd get out of housework because she will have to work so hard tomorrow and Tuesday. Ha! I can only hope that the wheels are finally in motion to get us off of this crazy ride. The undue stress placed on teachers and students has to go. There are a multitude of different ways to test student performance and progress, but this test isn't it.

Tomorrow and Tuesday I will spend the day "actively monitoring" all students in my classroom. They will each get a STAAR baggie with all the necessary supplies including a magic pencil. I will stand behind each student and silently pray over them to feel confident and to do their best. They are only 9 and 10 years old. While testing is a way of life, this test only serves to create anxiety and feelings of not being good enough. My dear, dear students, you ARE good enough and Mrs. Ware believes in you!


1 comment:

Ramona said...

Hoping that the week goes by quickly and your students feel confident as they face the dreaded tests. I love that you'll be silently praying over them. The two posters feature favorite verses of mine.